SPECIAL SUBSCRIBER OFFER:
Do you want to save big bucks on your next flight? I have left some 500,000 reward miles with airlines and hotels, which I’d rather convert to cash before they expire. Hit me up right now with your travel details: preferred time, date and airports for the itinerary. Odds are I can wizard up the perfect booking for you at a lower cost. Hurry, before the miles run out.
The emails I receive these days are electrifying. How many young people like this do you think there are?
I finally got the time to read this e-mail from you 9 days after you’ve sent it. I have made so many decisions in my life that I think can lead towards the vision I have for myself that I haven’t had the time to open up my e-mail account. This is all thanks to you and the explosive missives you’ve been shooting my way that I’ve been reading, absorbing for the past few months, and using to intentionally and ruthlessly puncture (Read: Upgrade) my current lethargic life and weed out all the things, people, thoughts and beliefs out of mind and out of sight.
I am 27 years old right now. I have been feeling hopeless, helpless and worthless for most of my adult life, having no clue about what to do with myself, about how to get out of the rut (I didn’t even know I was in a rut. I just took everything for granted and accepted myself for who I was – BIG MISTAKE). My social skills are laughable (but improving). At this moment, I have no real-world skills that I can earn off of (my parents have been dictating my life choices for me, all my life – I took this as given, again). I have had the easy life growing up – parents doing everything for me – talking to others, making career choices, forcing me to follow their own beliefs (because I was made to believe that others are always wrong and my parents are always right).
In the last 8 months, powered by your missives, among many other activities, I have been working on the following:
- Consistently tackling my assumptions and attachments – Oh boy, this was a big one for me! I must have read your missive on this subject over 50 times as of today. This missive took me to a level of awareness that has broke my brain at several instances. I have been shocked, surprised, horrified, disgusted and saddened at my own rubbish assumptions and expectations SO MANY TIMES, it’s hard to keep track. I have been deliberately evaluating every single thought that leads me to act in a certain way, and then attempting to change them in the right direction.
- Needy no more! – This was another hard-hitter from you! After reading your missive, I have realized that I have been needy all my life, needy for social approval, needy for better things without putting in the work and needy for connection. I am slowly starting to weed this neediness from my conversations and my actions, and while it’s been a rough ride, I know I am on the right track.
- Social Skills – I can’t thank you enough for addressing my e-mail on social skills. I have read Dale Carnegie’s classic and have been following your 7 ways to improve the social game, and it’s helping! Even though I still have this deeply ingrained fear of embarrassment and ridicule, because of which I often curb my behavior and don’t speak freely, I am making every effort possible to root those fears out.
My Toastmasters journey is going well! I make it a point to socialize with at least 1 person in the room during the meeting, using the 7 ways you have sent my way. I have improved tremendously in public speaking as well.
- Nutrition – Sugar has made its way out of my house for the last few months. I have been fasting once a week consistently for the past 6 months, and have incorporated the essential foods from your list. Doing this has fueled my drive to go after the tasks for the day and move closer and closer to the vision.
- Vision – Well, I don’t have a clear description for my vision right now. All I can say is I want to get to a point in life where I have the freedom to do what I want, when I want it. I will get back to you at some point in the near future to tell you my exact vision, but all I can say right now is you have helped me push myself in building and visualizing a vision when I thought I didn’t deserve one.
I cannot even begin to emphasize the importance of your work to my life in just 5 points. I am highly indebted to you for the work you put out, through which I am able to discover myself more closely.
No, thank YOU.
For having the courage to take your life in your own hands. If you want to become a supporter, you can make a pledge here: https://www.patreon.com/join/startupdaemon
I’m getting more and more emails like this one and I can’t help but wonder how many more young people with a similar coddled experience just aren’t shameless enough to share their story.
We are born wakeful, then put to sleep by the broken culture.
Comfort is the sedative.
Which is why I started sending missives out a year ago today. There are hundreds now, and I am uploading the entire archive to startupdaemon.net.
If you want to gain access to every email, carefully edited and categorized, make a pledge here: https://www.patreon.com/join/startupdaemon/checkout?rid=2738673
Every patron contributing $30 or more will receive one’s own account on startupdaemon.net with full access to missives and an open comment section to ask questions.
I will be closing the $30 patron tier for new enrolments at the end of the month. Anyone who signs up for this tier before that date will keep getting the same benefits at the same price, including full access to the email archive once it becomes available. Don’t wait unless you want to pay more.
Here’s the link again: https://www.patreon.com/join/startupdaemon/checkout?rid=2738673
I’m also opening up my coaching services to everyone on the email list.
So far I’ve been consulting people on marriage and relationships, psychological trauma, careers and business by referral only.
For the first time, I’m making these services available to a broader audience.
If you are ready to do the work and improve your life, you can apply for my coaching services here: https://startupdaemon.net/coaching/
It’s not cheap and it always takes a lot of work to get the best of life. The choice is yours, as always.
Wake up and move forward,
PS: The moon enters Aries in a few hours. Use the fiery energy next couple of days to get things done and ADVANCE like a maniac. Sunday is when you win life while the zombies are moaning and whining and watching mind-numbing vidya.
The generous support of patrons makes this work possible. If you benefit from the content, become a supporter here: https://www.patreon.com/join/startupdaemon. One-time giving is welcome.
If you want to contribute in bitcoin, send it to this address: 19qmFVMQw4PqMXXJXPYYjrmW1Y8Dge4HDP
Your support keeps the missives coming, and I am grateful for every contribution.